Back to Job Opportunities
Training Opportunity - SCU Registered Nurse(s)
Job Posting Number:
|Special Care Unit
|Permanent, Part Time|
Training Opportunity: TO 21-08
Date: August 5, 2021
A training opportunity presently exists for up to two (2) RNs in the Special Care Unit of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital. Any Registered Nurse who is interested in this opportunity, and who meets the following qualifications, is welcome to apply. An interview process will assist in determining the qualified applicant(s).
In-house training will be provided and/or education opportunities will be made available to the successful candidate(s). Training will prepare the successful candidate(s) for the possibility of a Medical/Surgical/SCU position or a Medical/Surgical Float position
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience with Adult Medical & Surgical care essential.
- ACLS preferred .
- Coronary Care Course preferred.
- Technical competence and I.V. Certification.
- Current Certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level or equivalent required.
- Experience in primary nursing environment.
- Experience in ICU and experience with ECG interpretation and telemetry monitoring preferred.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform duties within the physical demands of the work area.
- Ability to function independently within the scope of the job description.
- Self-directed and interested in pursuing critical care experience.
- Successful candidate will be required to develop a learning plan.
- Bilingualism an asset.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com