Welcome to RVH
- New visitor and outpatient screening app available on the RVH website, or scan the QR code with your smartphone camera at each visitor/patient entrance door: ER (Entrance A), Dialysis (Entrance E), Ambulatory Care (Entrance B).
- Screening stations are located at Dialysis and Admitting/Switchboard with self-screening kiosks available for those who have not screened prior to arrival at RVH.
- After screening, patients and visitors will receive a date-stamped sticker.
Acute Care Unit (2nd Floor)
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complex Continuing Care (3rd Floor)
2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
RVH provides patient- and family-centred care to all our patients. Family members of patients are an important part of the healthcare team and contribute to the caring and healing process. RVH acknowledges that support, in the form of visits from friends and family, is important to patients during their hospital stay and help to reduce anxiety and isolation and to improve healing and recovery. Guidelines are applicable to all areas of the hospital.
Please do not visit if you feel unwell in any way, and especially if you have a cough, fever, respiratory infection or diarrhea. Do not visit if you have come into contact with anyone who has an infectious disease. In the case of outbreaks or other unforeseen situations, visiting hours may need to be restricted. If this happens, we will inform local media and post the information via our website/social media.
COVID-19 Visitor Policy (September 2021; Revised November 2021)
RVH has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. As of December 22, 2021, with the Omicron variant becoming dominant, only two designated visitors per patient are allowed and only one of those designated visitors each day.
- Criteria for Visitors to attend RVH:
- Complete the entrance screen and screen negative.
- Compliant with universal masking (be able to wear masks at all times).
- Able to perform hand hygiene.
- Visitors must adhere to all RVH policies and processes.
- Visitor must be 12 years of age or older.
- Visitors must be fully vaccinated [individual is considered fully vaccinated >14 days after receiving their second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine series or their first dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (i.e. Johnson and Johnson)].
- In exceptional circumstances, a visitor may be allowed in that is unvaccinated.
- In urgent situations, a visitor may be allowed in that is unvaccinated.
Note: Visitors who do not meet the criteria above will require an exception to visit.
- The visitor’s entrance screen is performed by the screener
- During entrance screening, caregivers and visitors will be asked to attest that they are fully vaccinated [individual is considered fully vaccinated >14 days after receiving their second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine series or their first dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (ie. Johnson and Johnson)].
- If the visitor indicates that they are not fully vaccinated and do not have a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of the visit, this will result in a positive screen (denied attendance to RVH).
- If the visitor is requesting an exception to enter, the screening team will contact the clinical area to determine if an exception should be granted for the visit. In the off hours, the Nursing Coordinator will be called to assess the situations.
- There should be clear exceptions to the vaccination requirement. While there should be strong encouragement of vaccinations, exceptions include:
- Individuals under 12
- Individuals who have a documented medical exemption
- Individuals visiting patients at end-of-life
- Parents of young children
- Emergency Department
- Individuals who are essential to accompany patients to appointments or participate in delivery of care
- Other critical or urgent circumstances requiring family presence