Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|Dependent on proof of previous experience.
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently seeking applications for multiple clerical positions in our Covid19 Vaccine Clinic in Renfrew. Candidates must be available to work weekdays from 0830 to 1600 hours and weekends, as required. This is a temporary, casual position that will be based at Ma-Te-Way park in Renfrew.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Administering COVID-19 vaccines.
- Responding to situations and following emergency management protocols in the event of an adverse vaccine reaction.
- Assisting with other medical tasks during post-vaccination observation.
- Assisting with the inventory management of clinic supplies, when necessary.
- Provide information to patients.
- Other duties as required.
- Medical credentials to administer vaccinations independently. Qualifying medical credentials include: Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse and Paramedic. Candidates must be able to provide proof of current credentials on hire date.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a timely, responsive and courteous manner.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to multi-task when situations warrant a change in priority to meet department needs and deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient rights.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
- Excellent attendance and work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- A valid vulnerable sector check (or proof of application for a VSC) issued within the last 6 months must be provided upon hire.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com