Back to Job Opportunities
Registered Nurses - Casual Pool
Job Posting Number:
|$33.56 - $48.05 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for multiple casual Registered Nurses (RNs) across our Medical/Surgical, Emergency and Complex Continuing Care Units to support the hospital in a time of high volume demand.
Applicants who meet some or all of the qualifications listed below are encouraged to apply directly through our website.These positions will include tours as per schedule on days, evenings and weekends. These are unionized positions under the Ontario Nursing Association's (ONA) collective agreement and each position comes with optional enrolment in a defined pension plan and progression through a competitive wage grid.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Gerontology and Geriatric assessment AND/OR minimum two (2) years Emergency Room experience AND/OR experience in Adult Medical & Surgical Care
• C.N.A. certification in Gerontological Nursing Practice OR Med/Surg Nursing an asset
• Trauma Care or Emergency Nursing Course preferred for ER Nursing roles
• Current Certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level or equivalent.
• P.I.E.C.E.S. training preferred
• ACLS certification and Coronary care preferred.
• PALS Certification preferred
• Knowledge of and working experience with CTAS.
• Experience in care of critically ill patients.
• Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring Skills.
• Skilled in Patient Education.
• Demonstrated effective skills in the provision of family support integral to provide client-centered care.
• Ability to assess patient/family needs in a Minimum Data Set (MDS) framework and direct staff in documenting within these standards.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and sound organizational skills to work in fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates effective use of a computer for EHR and documentation purposes
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may
be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.