Back to Job Opportunities
Environmental Support Worker
Job Posting Number:
|$21.52 - $22.39 / hourly
The Linen Attendant operates laundry equipment and performs manual work associated with the processing and distribution of laundry & performs other related work commonly performed by the Housekeeping Attendants. The Housekeeper maintains assigned areas of the Hospital in a sanitary, orderly and attractive condition by performing various cleaning and housekeeping duties; also performs specialized cleaning assignments in sensitive Hospital areas and may be assigned duties commonly performed by linen attendants.
• Knowledge of, and recent relevant experience in, general cleaning procedures required.
• Ability to perform duties within the physical demands of the work area.
• Ability to ensure proper procedures and safety rules are followed and infection control standards are met.
• Must be able to handle average to heavy weight materials (i.e. wet linen often weighs 45 lbs.)
• Must work with equipment requiring moderate physical effort.
• Must work at tasks requiring continuous physical activity including lifting, pushing, walking, reaching (including over your head), climbing (ladders, scaffolds) carrying and bending.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
A Vulnerable Sector Check valid within the last 6 months is required upon hire.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com