Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited, 55-bed mid-size hospital located in Renfrew, Ontario, 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Our well equipped ED is undergoing a significant renovation in 2022.
We are currently looking for full-time, part-time or locum ED physicians to join our team.
- ED 24,000 – 30,000 visits/year – AFA + HOCC (on call) + shadow billing
- Moving to 3 shift per 24h model on weekdays, 2 shift per 24h model on weekends
- MD Support: hospitalist, Gensurg, IM, nephrology, anaesthesia, local back-up ED physician
- Staff support: nursing, 24/7 lab, MRT, social work, geriatric assessor, nurse manager
- State-of-the-art equipment including GlideScope, hi flow O2, Bipap, Vents for transfer, with daily RT maintenance
- X-Ray, U/S and bedside ultrasound, CT, and interventional rads that come for procedures
- EPIC EMR connected to TOH, UOHI & other regional hospital sites
- Tertiary care available via air/land: The Ottawa Hospital 45 min east, CHEO 1h east
- ED Mentorship Program available – new grads welcome.
- Eligible for federal Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Our ED physicians are mostly local. Calabogie, Renfrew, and the entire Ottawa Valley are stunning places to live and raise a family and, for physicians interested in seeing the area, tours are easily arranged and you are welcome to speak with any of our physicians. Physician retention is exceptionally high here. With the twinning of the highway from Ottawa to Renfrew coming soon, it is expected that Renfrew will grow significantly in the coming years.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life. We offer well rounded, top-tier educational opportunities, excellent health care, and a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, you are only minutes from over 6 million acres of pristine waterways, rolling woodlands and forests, providing some of Ontario’s best opportunities for whitewater rafting, kayaking, canoeing, surfing, hiking and fishing, all only 45 minutes from Ottawa.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Patti Dillabough, RVH Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-432-4851 ext. 263.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, education and experience:
- CCFP or CCFP (EM), FRCP(C) (EM) welcome
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS
- Independently licensed to practice medicine in Ontario