Job Posting Number:
|Physical Plant & Grounds
|Permanent, Full Time|
|$26.31 - $27.28
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital is recruiting for a Permanent, Full-Time, Maintenance Worker II in the Physical Plant & Grounds (PPG) Department. The Maintenance Worker II is a trades generalist and supports the efficient day to day operation of the Hospital by maintaining and repairing equipment, making repairs to the physical plant, and providing expertise in their area of specialty. These functions are performed within a team environment that includes licensed tradespersons, maintenance assistants, and the Director. The Maintenance Worker II may act as the Director, PPG’s delegate in their absence. Other duties as required, may be assigned.
What We Offer:
- This is a full-time, unionized (CUPE) daytime position in a beautifully maintained facility with full benefits, on-call and weekend premiums and reasonable workload.
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Qualification in one or more of the following recognized trades: Building Operator, Electrician, HVAC, Plumbing, or equivalent.
- Completion of a relevant College diploma program.
- Mechanical aptitude necessary for emergency repairs to critical equipment
- Able to follow technical instructions, blueprints and detailed specifications
- Ability to perform the duties within the physical demands of the work environment
- Good computer skills, ability to use power operated tools
- Must be able to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, volunteers and vendors
- Must be able to take charge of work assigned and complete assignments in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and mentoring skills to support team members.
- Supports and mentors team members in acquiring knowledge and skills to support the efficient operation of the physical plant
- Ability to work all shifts occurring on posted schedules including on-call.