Our staff love working at RVH.
We all share the same purpose – to provide the best possible health care experience for our patients and their families.
Are you already an employee at RVH?
Internal applicants should log in to the intranet job posting page to view additional listings.
If you are looking for a different position that isn’t posted here, send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for other opportunities that come up.
Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|$33.01 - $45.57
Posting Number: 23-65
Date: August 9, 2023
Vacancy & Classification: Ultrasound Sonographer
Hours: Tours as per schedule*
Salary: $33.01 - $45.57 / hourly
• Completion of an approved program of study in Medical Ultrasound and registration or registry eligible with ARDMS or Sonography Canada
• Must be registered with the CMRITO and remain a member in good standing.
• Must be familiar with the examination of various vascular repair techniques and the performance and interpretation of ankle-brachial (ABI) and toe-brachial indices (TBI).
• CPR certification.
• Knowledge of computer systems and PACS required.
• Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
• Good hand-eye coordination required to scan and good manual dexterity required in the manipulation of the transducers.
• Working knowledge of equipment and computer/ancillary systems to acquire and process data for patient studies, modifying established techniques as required
• Ability to assess the need for additional views and ensure completeness of diagnostic procedure
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills required to work effectively with other members of healthcare team and patients.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work within the physical requirements (i.e. constant standing and/or walking and heavy physical effort such as lifting/positioning heavy patients and operating equipment).
Start Date: To be determined.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com
RVH is an approved employer of the CNO Supervised Practice Experience Partnership program. SPEP-eligible Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) are welcome to apply.