Our staff love working at RVH.
We all share the same purpose – to provide the best possible health care experience for our patients and their families.
Are you already an employee at RVH?
Internal applicants should log in to the intranet job posting page to view additional listings.
If you are looking for a different position that isn’t posted here, send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for other opportunities that come up.
Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|$23.30 - $24.14
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Food Services Department provides inpatient food services, operates a cafeteria, and implements programs such as healthy foods in hospitals and Meals on Wheels.
RVH is currently seeking a casual Cook. The Cook prepares a large variety of foods in the quantities directed for patients, meals on wheels, cafeteria, catering and cafeteria vending machine. Preference will be given to candidates that have the following qualifications and experience:
• Red Seal Cook Certification or ability to challenge Red Seal Cook Certification exam.
• Food Handlers Certification Program required.
• Two year’s cooking experience in a Health Care setting preferred.
• Knowledge of and relevant prior experience in general dietary procedures, therapeutic diets and menu preparation.
• Organizational abilities.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Knowledge of and relevant experience with computer systems an asset.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform duties within the physical demands of the work area.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com
RVH is an approved employer of the CNO Supervised Practice Experience Partnership program. SPEP-eligible Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) are welcome to apply.