Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|Permanent Part Time|
|$46.66 - $51.00 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, part time Nursing Coordinator.
The Nursing Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of patient care as well as coordination of hospital resources to ensure proper staffing and utilization of hospital beds. He/she acts as resource for all departments, and functions in a leadership role after-hours.
• Current Certificate of Competence as a Registered Nurse (RN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario and a Bachelor of Science Nursing degree (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated knowledge of gerontology and related skills and judgement.
• Broad clinical skills and experience in Medical/Surgical and Emergency Room settings.
• ACLS, C.P.R. and I.V. Certifications.
• Excellent communication, organizational and team leadership skills to effectively direct staff and co-ordinate the interdisciplinary plan of patient care.
• Demonstrated effective skills in the provision of family support integral to provide client-centered care.
• Familiarity with a unionized setting and staffing practices will be considered strong assets.
• Nursing leadership courses or evidence of continuing learning an asset.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may
be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.