Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|$23.26 - $24.09 / hourly
Reporting to the Department Manager, the Medical Secretary performs duties which facilitate the efficient operation of the Department including dealing with the patients, families, staff, outside resources and the public in a professional polite manner.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answers the telephone, retrieves internet messages, and receives faxed documents and distributes the messages to the appropriate Physician/Nurse.
• Takes direction and works with the team leader in order to facilitate patient care needs.
• Completes requisitions for Medical Imaging, Lab, etc. as directed and as required.
• Assists in the facilitation and booking of patient/family/team meetings as required.
• Communicates with other departments as necessary to facilitate patient care ie. admitting, dietary, booking diagnostics, paging lab, coordinating treatment schedules, etc.
• Grade XII Graduate
• Graduate of an approved Office Administration (Medical) Program or current experience in providing secretarial support in a health care environment essential
• Medical Terminology Certificate essential
• Computer skills and demonstrated knowledge of computer applications used in a hospital setting essential
• Demonstrated keyboarding ability essential
• Knowledge of patient scheduling essential
• Transcription Certificate an asset
• Completion of Ward Clerk Program an asset
• Experience with ward clerk procedures such as transcribing physician orders an asset
• Well developed organization and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a team member
• Ability to perform the duties within the physical demands of the work area
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment with many interruptions
• Ability to work all shifts occurring on posted schedules
• Vulnerable Sector Check valid within last six (6) months is mandatory upon hire
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com