Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) and St. Francis Memorial Hospital (SFMH) are progressive leaders in the delivery of rural health care. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis as the Director, Pharmacy Services for both sites.
In this role, reporting to the Director, Patient Care Services of SFMH and the Vice President of Corporate Services of RVH, you will be responsible for the overall function and service of the hospital Pharmacy in alignment with the Goals and Objectives of both hospitals. You will oversee the two pharmacies and manage a team of pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and pharmacists at both sites. As the Director of Pharmacy, you will provide leadership, clinical direction, and a pharmacy perspective around clinical/care management, safe medication practices, antimicrobial stewardship, accreditation preparation, quality assurance and improvement, as well as fiscal and budgetary control for the two sites. You are a ‘hands-on’ and visible leader who is regularly on the floors as well as in the pharmacy.
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, our 470+ staff and physicians provide medical, surgical and complex continuing care as well as extensive ambulatory care with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH also continues to be a driver in rural healthcare through its regional programs including Nephrology, Regional Assault Care, Addictions Treatment Service, Sleep Lab, Cancer Care Satellite Centre, and Diabetes education. Serving patients and families of Renfrew County and beyond, RVH has a well-deserved reputation for having one of the most supportive, positive and collegial work environments for our multidisciplinary teams, while delivering the highest quality comprehensive patient care. Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
St. Francis Memorial Hospital is a 20 bed rural facility noted for its progressive programs and friendly work environment with a dedication to providing Excellence in Rural Healthcare. SFMH is also a fully accredited hospital offering both medical and complex continuing in-patient care, emergency care and a full range of diagnostic and clinical services. Located 1 hour from Renfrew Victoria Hospital, 30 minutes from Algonquin Park and 2 hours from Ottawa, the area offers exceptional natural beauty with year round recreational activities such as mountain biking, ATV’s, snowmobiling, water sports, and camping, while maintaining easy access to urban centres. The Madawaska Valley is also known for its talented Arts community and warm hospitality.
What We Offer
- As part of the Atlas Alliance of hospitals, RVH and SFMH have been recognized for effectively and efficiently using technology in patient care by achieving Stage 6 EMRAM certification, putting our adoption and utilization of EMR functions in the top 2 percent of hospitals in Canada. Our electronic medical record is EPIC and full training is provided.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Continuing Education fund
- The support of a longstanding and experienced team
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following professional skills, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; registered Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A);
- Completion of a hospital pharmacy residency program or at least (5) years’ experience in a hospital setting.
- Member of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is preferred;
- Previous experience managing a team within a unionized setting is preferred;
- Experience working with Epic is an asset;
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in oncology pharmacy practice is preferred;
- Teaching skills and experience in delivering education regarding safe medicine use;
- A skilled clinician with an eye for continuous quality improvement and incorporating best practice in a collaborative manner;
- Administrative skills, including financial management & budgeting;
- A proven leader and strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to motivate others and work effectively within the boundaries of a collective agreement;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize demands to meet deadlines, and to perform duties within the physical demands of work area;
- Ability to travel within the region and access to a vehicle; and
- A Vulnerable Sector Check (valid within the last 6 months).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes by Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. by applying clicking on "Apply" below.