Our Staff love working at RVH.
- All staff at RVH are eligible for up to $800 in education bursaries every year.
- Supportive, experienced managers are visible, available, and actively involved.
- Training opportunities for specialty areas.
- Modern EMR (EPIC) - full training provided!
- On site, modern gym open 24/7
- Participate in or enjoy regular staff appreciation and wellness activities, like free yoga, lunches, treats, and more.
- Just 45 minutes away from Ottawa.
- All nurses at RVH are ALSO eligible to apply for the Frances Wilson bursary for education, which provides tens of thousands of dollars of educational grants to our nurses each year.
- Receive up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan Forgiveness for eligible new grads.
Are you already an employee at RVH?
Internal applicants should log in to the intranet job posting page to view additional listings.
Back to Job Opportunities
Registered Nurse, (No Master schedule)
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary (1 year), Full Time|
|$34.24 - $49.02
Posting Number: 22-105
Date: September 22, 2022
Vacancy & Classification: Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical/CCCU Float*
Temporary (12 months), Full Time
Hours: Tours as per schedule (days, evenings, nights, weekends*)
Salary: $34.24 – 49.02/ hourly
• Experience with Adult Medical & Surgical Care essential.
• I.V. Certification preferred.
• Competency and ability to work in Special Care Unit required.
• Experience in care of critically ill patients.
• Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring Skills.
• Current A.C.L.S. certification required.
• CNAC Certification in Medical Surgical or Critical Care Nursing preferred.
• Current Certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level or equivalent required.
• P.I.E.C.E.S. and Gentle Persuasive Approach [GPA] training is preferred
• Coronary Care/Cardiac Management Course required.
• Experience in Geriatric Assessment preferred.
• Skills in Patient Education.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
• Team leadership skills an asset.
• Demonstrates effective use of a computer for EHR documentation purposes
*Refer to Article N (Floating) of the ONA Local Agreement for guidelines regarding float positions and patient transfer.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com
RVH is an approved employer of the CNO Supervised Practice Experience Partnership program. SPEP-eligible Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) are welcome to apply.