RENFREW VICTORIA HOSPITAL
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited hospital located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. We are committed to progressive leadership in the delivery of rural health care, and we are one of 27 Regional Nephrology Centres in the province. As an active partner with the Ontario Renal Network, we are responsible for providing nephrology services to all residents of Renfrew County. Our mission is Renal Care Close to Home. We offer:
• A state-of-the-art facility with 32 hemodialysis stations located across 3 sites; a peritoneal dialysis program; general nephrology clinics; glomerulonephritis clinics; pregnancy clinics; and multi-care kidney clinics;
• An experienced multi-disciplinary nephrology team including 3 nephrologists;
• A collegial hospital medical staff including in-house internist, general surgeons, anaesthesia;
• The support of experienced staff, and state-of-the-art equipment including CT;
• Strong linkages to The Ottawa Hospital (TOH), particularly formal integrated oncology, surgical, and diagnostic imaging programs; and linkages to the renal program including the vascular and body access programs, the renal transplantation program and renal biopsy;
• As part of the Atlas Alliance, a fully electronic health record, EPIC.
Due to an upcoming retirement, we are currently inviting applications for a FULL-TIME NEPHROLOGIST. As part of our long-standing and successful collaboration with TOH, we are exploring further opportunities for integration. Applicants must be certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in internal medicine (nephrology) and must be licensed in the Province of Ontario. RVH Nephrologists hold active privileges at TOH, and the successful applicant will be required to maintain privileges at TOH. Requirements for this position include a willingness to reside in the area.
RVH has a well-deserved reputation for having one of the most supportive, positive, and collegial work environments while delivering the highest quality comprehensive patient care. This opportunity is ideal for a physician with an interest in a varied clinical practice working in a culture of patient safety and excellence. We welcome locums to experience our program.
If you are a new or experienced physician looking for the right work-life balance, take a moment to consider Renfrew and all that it has to offer!
Deadline for Application: January 22, 2024, or until successful applicant found.
For more information about this opportunity or to arrange a visit, please contact:
Dr. Steve Radke, Chief of Staff, RVH
Dr. Amtul Musawir, Medical Director, Nephrology
For more information about RVH and to see other physician opportunities, please visit www.renfrewhosp.com