Back to Job Opportunities
Medical Laboratory Technologist
Job Posting Number:
|Regular Part Time|
|$33.14 - $44.45/Hour
Please submit your online application to EORLA directly through their website at: https://www.eorla.ca/careers/. The recruitment and selection process is a the discretion of EORLA directly and only those selected for further consideration will be contacted by EORLA (not RVH). Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.
Position OverviewThis position is responsible for the management of sample reception, accessioning and preparation for diagnostic testing, analysis, interpretation and result reporting of clinical/pathology samples. Assists with training. Identifies/resolves unsuitable specimens, keeps records of all tests and procedures performed. May rotate through different specified job functions.
Days, evenings and nights, including weekends, 8 and 12 hour shifts. For information purposes only - EORLA reserves the right to change.
- Graduation from an accredited MLT program or equivalent CSMLS prior learning assessment program;
- Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in the appropriate field of practice;
- Minimum of six months to one year of experience unless clinical placement was conducted in one of EORLA's labs;
- Knowledge of relevant accreditation standards, health care regulations, and knowledge in medical laboratory theory, principles and practices;
- Understands occupational health and safety legislation;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Preferred QualificationsAs a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
- Relevant university degree from a recognized program;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
*Mandatory Vaccination Policy*
EORLA is following the provincial government directive and implementing a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for everyone working in the hospital environment. If you are successful in the selection process, an offer of employment is conditional upon presentation of government issued documentation confirming that you have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine that has been approved in Canada. Any individual who cannot be vaccinated on medical grounds or other grounds recognized by the Human Rights Code can request an accommodation.
Please note that with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s (OHRC) position has been that a singular belief or personal preference against vaccinations and/or masks is not protected on the ground of creed under the Code.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com