Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a 55 bed, fully accredited facility, offering, surgical, medical, and complex continuing care. Special in‐patient services include a Special Care Unit, Palliative Care, and Pastoral Care. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH has been designated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care as the Regional Centre for Renfrew County Nephrology Services. As such a 20‐station hemodialysis unit is located at RVH, a 6‐ station satellite hemodialysis unit is located at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry’s Bay and a 6‐ station unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital. Pre‐dialysis care clinics are also offered.
RVH also offers a satellite oncology service and 25 specialist out‐patient clinics. RVH sponsors county‐ wide services in Addictions Treatment Services, Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Regional Assault Care Program, and Sleep Lab. There is full diagnostic support within the hospital including staff radiologists providing radiological, ultrasound, bone density, CT and mammography support. In addition, there is a comprehensive surgical program. We also have an Internist on staff who provides exercise stress testing, echocardiography, cardiopulmonary and allergy testing.
The hospital is located on the campus of the Renfrew and Area Health Services Village which consists of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long term Care facility, Addictions Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three professionals clinics. Located just 45 minutes west of downtown Ottawa, our hospital’s location in the Town of Renfrew, offers the best of small-town living with easy access to urban amenities.
Join our nursing team at RVH where we are Growing Forward and Building Care!
OUR NURSES LOVE WORKING AT RVH. HERE'S WHY:
- Reasonable nursing ratios and workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you.
- Do you want extra exposure to skills, or need extra support? We will help support you and support each other.
- Managers are visible, available and actively involved.
- Short drive away from Ottawa.
- New staff can access up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness!
- Education Fund.
- Training Opportunities.
- Staff Gym.
- Electronic Medical Record (EPIC). Comprehensive training provided.
- Experienced Team.
All Registered Nurses must meet the minimum requisite skills, abilities, and requirements:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Vulnerable Sector Check valid within the last 6 months.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer for EHR documentation purposes. EPIC training is provided.
• Demonstrated knowledge of gerontology and related skills and judgment.
• C.N.A. certification in Gerontological Nursing Practice an asset.
• Team leadership skills to effectively direct nursing staff and co-ordinate the interdisciplinary plan of patient care.
• Demonstrated effective skills in the provision of family support integral to provide client-centered care.
• Leadership skills in patient care planning conferences based on current best practices of related fields, e.g. Palliative Care.
• Ability to assess patient/family needs in a Minimum Data Set (MDS) framework and direct staff in documenting within these standards.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
• C.P.R. and I.V. Certification
• P.I.E.C.E.S. and Gentle Persuasive Approach [GPA] training is preferred
• Demonstrates effective use of a computer for EHR documentation purposes