Back to Job Opportunities
Training Opportunity - Registered Nurse
Job Posting Number:
|Diabetes Education Program
|$33.90 - $48.53 / hourly
An opportunity presently exists for a Registered Nurse to be educated to work in the Diabetes Education Program as a Diabetes Educator. Any RN who is interested in this opportunity, and who meets the qualifications listed below, is welcome to apply.
- • Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- • Evidence of further education in diabetes care
- • Certified Diabetes Educator Certification preferred.
- • Minimum two (2) years Medical/Surgical nursing experience and experience with patients with chronic illness.
- • Current Certification in BCLS.
- • Excellent assessment skills and well developed interpersonal skills.
- • Experience with chronic disease management.
- • Advanced knowledge and experience in the care of diabetes clients, including insulin adjustment.
- • Ability to complete assessment of a diabetes client and make recommendations for care.
- • Knowledge of patient teaching and adult education principles, as well as ability to teach adults in a variety of client situations.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills with patients, physicians and other members of the health care team.
- • Ability to work as a member of a team to provide diabetes education and to work independently and perform duties in the physical demands of the work area.
- • Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations required.
- • Bilingualism an asset.
Your application should include a detailed listing of your qualifications and include copies of certificates as necessary. This opportunity is being made available first to internal applicants.
Candidates meeting the position requirements will be selected for interview. The successful candidates will be provided with clinical and classroom orientation to the Diabetes Education Program.
At the completion of this training, an opportunity for consolidation of skills may be provided in a part-time position if available, and/or casual work.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may
be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.