Our staff love working at RVH.
We all share the same purpose – to provide the best possible health care experience for our patients and their families.
Are you already an employee at RVH?
Internal applicants should log in to the intranet job posting page to view additional listings.
If you are looking for a different position that isn’t posted here, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for other opportunities that come up.
Back to Job Opportunities
Health Records Support Student
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary, Full Time|
SUMMER STUDENT – HEALTH RECORDS
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY 23-15
Renfrew Victoria Hospital is currently seeking expressions of interest from students with availability starting in May 2023 for the role of Health Records Support Student with the Health Records Department of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital. This is a full time role for up to 16 weeks.
• Provides administrative support to the Health Records team.
• Under the direction of the Manager, will be responsible for the culling, preparation, documentation, scanning and destruction of hospital charts in accordance with the retention and destruction policies of RVH.
• Provides administrative support to staff regarding preparation of documents and correspondence.
• A student that has completed high school and has been accepted to attend college/university in Fall 2023 or has completed at least one year of post-secondary education and will be returning in the Fall 2023.
• Preference will be given to students who have completed at least one year of post-secondary education.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (including Word & Excel).
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Past work experience in an office or healthcare setting and enrolment in an office administration or business-related program would be considered strong assets.
• A criminal record check (CRC) valid within the last six (6) months
If you know someone that meets the above qualifications and is looking for summer employment, please have them apply in writing to the Human Resources Department via email at HR@renfrewhosp.com or through the posting on our Careers Page: https://www.renfrewhosp.com/jobpostings.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com
RVH is an approved employer of the CNO Supervised Practice Experience Partnership program. SPEP-eligible Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) are welcome to apply.