Back to Job Opportunities
Training Opportunity - Registered Nurse
Job Posting Number:
|Regional Assault Care Program
|Temporary, Part Time|
|$33.56 - $48.05 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Regional Assault Care Program is made up of the Assault Response Team (ART) which is a multi-disciplinary health care team that responds to women, men and children who have experienced domestic and/or sexual assault. The team consists of emergency room physicians and nurses, specially trained ART registered nurses who are on call 24 hours/day, 7 days weeks, two social workers, and a clinical leader. The program is provincially funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The ART provides services throughout Renfrew County at five hospitals: Arnprior and District Memorial Hospital, Deep River and District Community Hospital, Pembroke Regional Hospital, Renfrew Victoria Hospital and St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry's Bay.
An opportunity presently exists for one (1) Registered Nurse to be trained to work in the Regional Assault Care Program of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital. Any RN who is interested in this opportunity, and who meets the following qualifications, is welcome to apply. An interview process will assist in determining the qualified applicant(s).
Hours: Temporary, Part Time (0.4 FTE / 2 days per week plus on-call requirements of a minimum of 128 hours on-call / month)
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Experience and understanding of issues related to sexual assault, domestic violence, elder abuse, child maltreatment and crisis intervention preferred.
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Demonstrated excellence in communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience teaching and developing public education materials.
• Computer skills required.
• Demonstrated commitment to work cooperatively within a team environment.
• The candidate must be self-directed, have the ability to respond to a call for service and attend in the Emergency Department of the RVH and Pembroke Regional Hospital within 60 minutes.
• Able to take call for the program on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout Renfrew County are required.
• Orientation and on-going education will be provided to successful applicants.
• Bilingualism preferred.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com