Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|Temporary, Part Time|
|$33.56 $48.05 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for two (2) Registered Nurses (RNs) in our Operating Room to support the hospital in a time of high volume demand across two long term leaves.
Applicants who meet some or all of the qualifications listed below are encouraged to apply directly through our website.
These positions will include tours as per schedule on days, evenings and weekends. These are unionized positions under the Ontario Nursing Association's (ONA) collective agreement and each position comes with optional enrolment in a defined pension plan and progression through a competitive wage grid.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Perioperative Nursing.
• Recent O.R. experience in the recovery room and the scrub and circulating positions. Recent education/courses in Perioperative/PACU Nursing essential.
• Recent I.V. experience required.
• Endoscopy experience required.
• Sound knowledge of CNO Standards of Nursing Practice, ORNAC Standards, and CSA Standards.
• Experience in pre-op clinic setting.
• Current certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level
• ACLS certification required
• Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring Skills.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Canadian Nurses Association CPN(C) an asset.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com