Job Posting Number:
|$21.92 - $23.03 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for multiple casual Personal Support Workers (PSWs) across our Assisted Living, Dialysis, Medical/Surgical, Emergency, Operating Room, and Complex Continuing Care Units to support the hospital in a time of high volume demand.
These positions will include tours as per schedule on days, evenings and weekends. These are unionized positions under the CUPE collective agreement and each position comes with optional enrolment in a defined pension plan and progression through a competitive wage grid.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
• Completion of an approved Personal Support Worker Program required.
• Current certification in C.P.R. or B.C.L.S. (level ‘C’) required.
• Knowledge of body mechanics and safe lift & transfer practices required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Ability to work and provide care within a team environment according to the established care plan.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties within the physical demands of the work area.
• For the Assisted Living Program, candidates must hold a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to the use of a vehicle.