Back to Job Opportunities
Sonographer - Ultrasound
Job Posting Number:
|$32.36 - $44.67 / hourly
Working under the direction of the radiologist, the Sonographer organizes and performs ultrasound examinations, archives the examination by producing quality images and consults with the Radiologist on pathology findings inherent to the examinations. In addition, the Sonographer also performs specific patient care procedures respecting the patients’ right to privacy and confidentially.
• Completion of an approved program of study in Medical Ultrasound and registration or registry eligible with the A.R.D.M.S./C.S.D.M.S./CARDUP. Recommended.
• Current registration required in CMRITO.
• Experience in Abdominal, Obstetrical, Gynaecological and small parts scanning.
• Experience in MSK and Vascular ultrasound considered an asset.
• Knowledge of computer systems and PACS required.
• Good hand-eye coordination required to scan and good manual dexterity required in the manipulation of the transducers. Urgent requests for examination may introduce an element of pressure.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work within the physical requirements (i.e. constant standing and/or walking and heavy physical effort such as lifting/positioning heavy patients and operating equipment).
• Ability to work weekends, evenings or days.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com