OUR NURSES LOVE WORKING AT RVH. HERE'S WHY:
- Reasonable nursing ratios and workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you.
- Do you want extra exposure to skills, or need extra support? We will help support you and support each other.
- Managers are visible, available and actively involved.
- Short drive away from Ottawa.
- New staff can access up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness!
- Education Fund.
- Training Opportunities.
- Staff Gym.
- Electronic Medical Record (EPIC). Comprehensive training provided.
- Experienced Team.
Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a 55 bed, fully accredited facility, offering, surgical, medical, and complex continuing care. Special in‐patient services include a Special Care Unit, Palliative Care, and Pastoral Care. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH has been designated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care as the Regional Centre for Renfrew County Nephrology Services. As such a 20‐station hemodialysis unit is located at RVH, a 6‐ station satellite hemodialysis unit is located at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry’s Bay and a 6‐ station unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital. Pre‐dialysis care clinics are also offered.
RVH also offers a satellite oncology service and 25 specialist out‐patient clinics. RVH sponsors county‐ wide services in Addictions Treatment Services, Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Regional Assault Care Program, and Sleep Lab. There is full diagnostic support within the hospital including staff radiologists providing radiological, ultrasound, bone density, CT and mammography support. In addition, there is a comprehensive surgical program. We also have an Internist on staff who provides exercise stress testing, echocardiography, cardiopulmonary and allergy testing.The hospital is located on the campus of the Renfrew and Area Health Services Village which consists of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long term Care facility, Addictions Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three professionals clinics. Located just 45 minutes west of downtown Ottawa, our hospital’s location in the Town of Renfrew, offers the best of small-town living with easy access to urban amenities.
Collegiality amongst physicians, nurses, administration and staff make the Renfrew Victoria Hospital a wonderful place to work. Renfrew and the surrounding communities offer a beautiful and affordable rural life style within a 45 minute drive to Ottawa.Join our nursing team at RVH where we are Growing Forward and Building Care!
We are currently recruiting for Casual REGISTERED NURSES in the following areas:
Medical / Surgical / SCU Unit
- Experience with Adult Medical & Surgical Care essential.
- I.V. Certification preferred.
- Experience in care of critically ill patients.
- Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring Skills.
- Current A.C.L.S. certification required.
- Coronary Care Course essential.
- CNA(C) in coronary care and critical care courses preferred.
- Current Certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level or equivalent.
Complex Continuing Care Unit
- Current CPR or BCLS certification, level ‘C’ is required.
- Coronary Care Course or EKG Interpretation skills an asset.
- Certification in Gerontology is an asset
- Education in Geriatrics, i.e Dementia; Delirium; Depression
- Experience working with the Elderly population
- Gentle Persuasive Approach [GPA] training is an asset
- I.V. certification required
- Minimum two years recent Emergency Room experience preferred.
- Trauma Care or emergency Nursing Course preferred.
- PALS an asset
- ENPC an asset
- Knowledge of and working experience with The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale
- Current ACLS certification required
- I.V. certification required
- Post Graduate Operating Room Certification Course
- Minimum two years recent Perioperative experience (OR, PACU, SDC, Pre-Op Clinic)
- Minimum two years recent Systemic Therapy administration experience
- Current membership in professional association (ORNAC, OPANA, NAPAN, CANO, etc)
Mandatory pre-requisite skills, abilities and qualifications for all RNs:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check within the last 6 months