Back to Job Opportunities
Vaccine Clinic Support
Job Posting Number:
|$23.00 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently seeking applications for multiple casual positions in our Covid19 Vaccine Clinic in Renfrew. Candidates must be available to work days/evenings/weekend shifts and holidays, as required. This is a temporary, casual and non-union position.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Screening vaccine clients for COVID-19 symptoms as they arrive at the clinic, confirm their vaccine appointment, completeness of their Vaccine consent and Attestation form as required
• Manage early / late arrival of clients
• Ensure clients are properly prepared for their vaccination
• Provide mask and ABHR to clients
• Entering patients into COVAX
• Practice confidentiality in accordance with Hospital policy.
• Clerical duties including photocopying, filing, and booking appointments, etc.
• Provide documentation to patients as required.
• Schedule patient appointments and cancellations.
• Provide information to patients
• Print receipt of vaccination and confirm second dose is scheduled
• Responsible for maintaining data quality and meeting data entry timelines.
• Monitor, order and stock departmental supplies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Preferred graduate of a post-secondary program in Medical Office Administration, COVAX training or equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in a Hospital or medical office setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, computer and key-boarding skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a timely, responsive and courteous manner.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Ability to multi-task when situations warrant a change in priority to meet department needs and deadlines.
• Demonstrated commitment to patient rights.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
• Excellent attendance.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may
be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.