Job Posting Number:
|Regional Assault Care Program, Complex Continuing Care, Med/Surg, and Patient Transport
|Temporary (1 year), Full Time|
|$33.56 - $48.05 / hourly
An opportunity presently exists for one (1) Registered Nurse to work in a temporary (one year), full-time capacity in multiple departments of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital including the Regional Assault Care Program, the Complex Continuing Care Unit, and the Medical/Surgical Unit of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital. This opportunity would offers a great opportunity with exposure to multiple disciplines in a well-established community oriented hospital. Progression through a competitive wage grid and enrolment in the hospital pension plan are also on offer. Any RN who is interested in this opportunity, and who meets the following qualifications, is welcome to apply. An interview process will assist in determining the qualified applicant(s).
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends (No Master Schedule) The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Regional Assault Care Program is made up of the Assault Response Team (ART) which is a multi-disciplinary health care team that responds to women, men and children who have experienced domestic and/or sexual assault. The team consists of emergency room physicians and nurses, specially trained ART registered nurses who are on call 24 hours/day, 7 days weeks, two social workers, and a clinical leader. The program is provincially funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The ART provides services throughout Renfrew County at five hospitals: Arnprior and District Memorial Hospital, Deep River and District Community Hospital, Pembroke Regional Hospital, Renfrew Victoria Hospital and St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry's Bay.
• Current Certification and in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Knowledge acquired through the successful completion and graduation of a recognized RN program.
• Current C.P.R.at Basic Rescuer Level or equivalent. and I.V. Certification
• P.I.E.C.E.S. and Gentle Persuasive Approach [GPA] training is preferred
• Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring Skills.
• ACLS and Coronary care preferred.
• Experience with Adult Medical & Surgical Care and/or Gerontology and experience in care of critically ill patients.
• C.N.A. certification in Medical-Surgical or Gerontology Nursing Practice an asset.
• Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner training with the Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centers an asset
• Demonstrated effective skills in the provision of family support integral to provide client-centered care.
• Ability to assess patient/family needs in a Minimum Data Set (MDS) framework and direct staff in documenting within these standards.
• Risk Assessment training (ODARA, Danger Assessment, EARA) preferred
• Nursing experience in forensic nursing, mental health, community, public health or acute care preferred.
• Experience and understanding of issues related to sexual assault, domestic violence, elder abuse, child maltreatment and crisis intervention.
• Skills in Patient Education.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
• Team leadership skills an asset.
• Effective use of a computer for EHR documentation purposes