Job Posting Number:
|Temporary, Part Time|
|$33.56-48.05 / hourly for RNs; $30.25-$31.17 / hourly for RPNs
Reporting to the Director of Health Information Systems, the successful incumbent will be the liaison/designated expert for all matters concerning clinical informatics including but not limited to:
• Acts as an educator resource person to staff and physicians, as required.
• Identifies Epic staff learning needs and coordinates education programs accordingly (e.g. tip sheets, eLearning, Lunch & Learns, establishing procedures, etc.)
• Acts as a liaison/facilitator between the Project Fusion teams and staff locally to troubleshoot issues, communicate build requests, and provide solutions to end-users.
• Acts as a resource for clinical staff and teams at RVH regarding future technological advancements to aid in the delivery of quality patient care.
• Ensures that clinical documentation system design follows evidence based best practice and will be supported through streamlined processes at RVH.
• Trains staff on system use and works across multiple departments to integrate the sharing of information
• Participates as a member of the RVH Fusion Ops team and supports the goals, action plans and quality improvement initiatives
• Represents RVH on Fusion clinical meetings, working to ensure Epic supports our needs and workflows
• Other duties as assigned to support RVH clinical or administrative needs.
• RN or RPN in good standing with the C.N.O.
• Current CPR certification (or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire)
• Minimum 2 years nursing experience in medical or surgical or critical care required, combined with five years health care experience.
• Understanding of both clinical and administrative functions and processes within a health care setting.
• Experience with clinical/informatics education and the principles of adult learning
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Good command of Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Previous experience in the application of the Epic electronic health record is preferred.
• General understanding of interfaces and the use in clinical settings
• Working knowledge and general understanding of workflow within a Healthcare setting.
• Previous experience with chart auditing would be considered an asset.