Job Posting Number:
|Temporary, Part Time|
|$27.98 - $28.86 / hourly for Non-Registered Sleep Technician; $32.00-$42.88 / hourly for Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
Due to an extended leave, we are currently recruiting for a temporary, part time Sleep Technician or Registered Sleep Technologist for a period of up to 2 years, with possible permanency.
Applicants who meet some or all of the below qualifications are invited to submit their applications by 12:00 P.M. on January 13, 2021. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. A Vulnerable Sector Check completed within the last six (6) months is a requirement prior to commencing work at RVH. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851 ext. 275.
• Graduate of a minimum 2 year community college program in a health related discipline.
• Current registration with BRPT preferred.
• RPSGT certification is an asset, but not mandatory.
• Working experience as a Polysomnographic Technician/Technologist in a Sleep Laboratory required.
• BCLS Certification required.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Strong technical skills that may have been developed through previous work experience (i.e. EEG, ECG, other health care equipment and/or electronics).
• Experience working in a retail environment including well-developed organizational skills and excellent customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of computers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a team member.