Back to Job Opportunities
Sonographer - Cardiac
Job Posting Number:
|$32.36 - $44.67 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. RVH provides medical, surgical and complex continuing care as well as extensive ambulatory care with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
The primary functions of the Cardiac Sonographer are to organize and perform cardiac ultrasound examinations, archive the examinations by producing quality images and consulting with the UOHI Cardiologists on pathology findings inherent to the examination.
• Completion of a formal program of study in Cardiac Ultrasound Imaging required
• Registration or registry-eligible as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (R.D.C.S.) with the ARDMS required
• Current registration with C.S.D.M.S. and CARDUP is recommended
• Experience in cardiac scanning required
• Working knowledge of equipment and computer/ancillary systems to acquire and process data for patient studies, modifying established techniques as required
• Ability to assess the need for additional views and ensure completeness of diagnostic procedure
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills required to work effectively with other members of healthcare team and patients
• Good organizational skills required to meet workload demands
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment required
• Ability to work within the physical requirements (i.e. constant standing and/or walking; heavy physical effort such as lifting/positioning patients, and scanning of a prolonged and repetitive nature)
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may
be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.