Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|OR/ Recovery Room/ Surgical Daycare
|Permanent, Part Time|
|$33.56 - $48.05 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for a Permanent, Part Time Registered Nurse (RN).
Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Manager, the RN provides direct patient care and education to the patient and family receiving treatment or procedure. The RN additionally participates on internal and external committees.
The perioperative program includes: preoperative, perioperative, postoperative, same day admit, and surgical daycare services. In conjunction with perioperative services, the RN is a resource for the reprocessing program especially in relation to the perioperative services.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Perioperative Nursing
• Recent education/courses in Perioperative Nursing essential
• Recent I.V. experience required
• Endoscopy experience an asset
• Sound knowledge of CNO Standards of Nursing Practice, ORNAC Standards, and CSA Standards
• Experience in pre-op clinic setting
• Current certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level
• ACLS certification required
• Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Canadian Nurses Association CPN(C) an asset
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
• Demonstrated ability to use a computer for EHR documentation purposes
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may
be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.